Semester in Chicago

This is my public journal while I'm in Chicago until May. I look forward to sharing the details of all of my new experiences while I'm in this fantastic city!

Friday, May 05, 2006

Some thoughts today

I think I write a blog because I don't have anyone to talk to during the day. I found myself just writing down (on my Subway receipt over lunch) things that I could mention on my blog today.

-Hairy backs aren't just a problem for guys. I found that out today after walking behind a woman with darker hair on her back.
-I saw over half a dozen guys in pink shirts today. And you've gotta be pretty set in your manliness to wear a pink shirt and still look like a guy. They all pulled it off well though.
-honking taxis...does the driver start that career being impatient or do they just become that way with so many days of driving in the city?
-for the first time in my life, I saw a guy today answer his cell phone as he was riding his bike through the stop light. picture that.
-does the polluted city air hurt the unborn child of a pregnant woman?
-are pigeons in other cities this daring?
-there is a lot of black in the city..buildings, but a co-worker of mine ALWAYS wears black. I haven't asked her why, but she openly admits that she always wears it.

What's so different about this semester compared to ANY other school semester? I'm going through daily actions nearly the same..basically the same as a summer job, but I'm THINKING about everything...it's weird. I find myself really thinking through a lot that goes on in the office, around the city, on the train, etc. Will I be struck with this weird thinking pattern forever?!? Is it a part of experience? Growing up? Becoming more educated?