Semester in Chicago

This is my public journal while I'm in Chicago until May. I look forward to sharing the details of all of my new experiences while I'm in this fantastic city!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Tuesday, May 2

Interesting morning... I had planned and even set my alarm so that I'd wake up at 6:45am to go to the gym and lift, but I guess I reset the alarm subconsiously and didn't get out of bed until Pammy woke me up at 8:15! Oops.

When I stepped off the train at Monroe, I noticed that it was a little busier than usual on the corner. Then I noticed the police cars, the yellow "Police do not cross tape", and a chunk of the jewelry store across the street missing! I asked what happened and a man said that the white van (parked half on the sidewalk and half on the street about 100m away) had driven onto the sidewalk and HIT A WOMAN!) It also broke off some of the marble wall of the store. Maybe the person was drunk, we don't know yet.
I stood on the corner long enough to see almost every news crew in the city, hear helicopters flying around us, and watch a few people get interviewed...WHAT EXCITEMENT!

ALL of my pants, other than jeans, are in my laundry bag..time for skirts.
So I'm wearing nylons today. I don't know if it's an office policy, I just assumed that women had to wear nylons so I have been. I saw someone without them today...hmmm...
Anyone who has ever worn tights or nylons knows the horrible feeling of the crotch slowly creeping down one's legs. Ooooh that's why I'd rather go without and just bear the hairy legs. I mean, it's the city..who really cares about Janelle's legs?!?

Today was wonderful. I finished a little project at work and we HAD A MEETING! I love meetings, especially when they feed us. We had a whole staff meeting for an hour this morning and oh wow, there was fresh fruit, juice, bagels, muffins, even scrambled egg wraps provided. That, and the accident on State and Monroe this morning and Subway for lunch nearly complete my LIFE! (I say nearly because I haven't been at the Oprah show yet!)

:) We have another meeting tomorrow :)
Supper at our Practicum group leader's house tonight :)

Tonights agenda:
-Final Arts project :(
-research paper on my arts project :(
-paper on Work :(
-It might just be an all-nighter folks! *Send coffee*